Tuesday, March 7, 2017

How to subscribe

Hello friends! A very lovely subscriber of mine, Rachel E., suggested that I posted a tutorial explaining how to subscribe and receive notifications when I post new blog entries. I'll admit, while Blogspot is an easy interface for me to use, it's definitely not the easiest to grow with!

From my understanding, (and feel free to correct me, because I'd LOVE to be wrong about this) but I believe you can only subscribe via Blogspot if you're a Gmail user. To be honest, my main e-mail isn't even hosted through Gmail. However, here is all the information I know, and I could find, about making my content easier for you to find!

First of all, here is how to become a subscriber/follower:
Click that button that says "Follow." This is probably the easiest way!

Also, you can stay updated with my blog with the "Reading List" feature recently added to the blogger dashboard. The "Blogs I'm Following" tab automatically shows the latest posts from all the blogs you follow. You can follow any blog from your reading list, just click the "Add" button and type in my URL. ( www.SammiCupcake.com )


I've highlighted in the photo for you where you click on the left hand side to access your reading list and then how to add blogs.

I hope this helps, cupcakes! If you have any other suggestions, please comment down below! If you aren't already, please hit that subscribe button and join our sweet family.

-Sammi Cupcake

1 comment:

  1. I don't have an actual blogspot account, but I believe I am still 'following' you through google+ (that's what the 'G+ Follow' or 'Add to Circles' buttons do). As far as I can tell, when you 'follow' or 'add' someone on G+ notification emails aren't automatically turned on, but I believe I remembered how I set up notification email through google+:
    1) Go to plus.google.com and log in
    2) On the left side-bar click 'people'. On the 'people' page you should be looking at the 'following' tab.
    3) There should be the three dots settings marker next to the 'following' category ( ⋮ ). Click that and select 'circle settings' and make sure the switch for 'Get notified about new posts' is switched on.
    I *think* that's it. I now receive an email from google+ (right to my gmail) every time you make a blog post.

    ReplyDelete