Thursday, April 14, 2016

April Ipsy Review


  • Starlooks cream eyeshadow "Rose Gold"  [Appx $5] SAMPLE 5*
I was expecting to trade away this one, as I'm not a huge fan of cream shadows, but I really like the color I got and the staying power is AMAZING. I can't even scrub this stuff off. It's looking like I may be buried in rose gold shadow at this point. [Use code Ipsy0416 for 15% off any purchase]

  • Tarte Cosmetics Lip Surgence lip creme "Wonder" [Appx $10] SAMPLE 1*
I'm a pretty big fan of Tarte as a company, but this product is not my favorite. I don't love the color nor the consistency or staying power (it wipes right off). I could do without this one. [Use code Ipsyapr for 20% off any purchase]

  • Moroccanoil Treatment [Appx $4.40] SAMPLE 1*
I can't comment on how well this product works or anything because the truth is, I won't use it. My hair gets oily easy. I gave it one star because I have indicated to Ipsy I don't want hair products like this and reviewed all products like this negatively yet I keep getting them. [Use code Ipsytote for a free tote with any purchase] 

  • Jor'el Parker fango face mask [Appx $3.85] SAMPLE 1*
Another one I won't use :( It's kind of a bummer that they are supposed to go by your profile but I keep getting hair products and skin care stuff I have marked I won't use and review negatively. One star here as well. [Use code Ipsy for 30% off any purchase]

  • Luxie Beauty highlighter brush [$24] FULL SIZE 4*
This is really awesome to receive in my bag, it's a high end brush, and I love all things highlight related, but right now I am using a creme highlight so I can't really put the brush to use. It's SO soft and great quality. [Use code Ipsyluxie for 30% off]


As for the bag itself, I gave it two stars. It's not hideous or anything, but the blue...yellow...and orange tie dye is really not my style. Out of a possible 30 stars for this month's glam bag, I gave it 14. 

14/30

Total bag value: $50.25 (with $3 figured in for the bag, which is what they normally sell for.)

This month was pretty "meh" for me. I didn't like things I was really looking forward to, and I ended up very impressed with something I wasn't at all excited about. What was your favorite thing in your Ipsy this month?

-Sami Fish


No comments:

Post a Comment