After making the list for my most loved beauty products of 2015, one theme kept presenting itself. The fact that DRUG STORE MAKEUP has taken over in my life. I switched from a $34 foundation to a drug store concealer. A high end mascara to a drug store one. I began using a drug store powder. Let's face it guys, drug store products are really stepping up their game! Not one product from my 2015 favorite's is over $10. Let's dive right in cupcakes.
1. Dove dry shampoo. If you are a bi-weekly hair washer like me, you can't find a better product for your dollar. The product smells amazing, doesn't leave a white build up, and does the job for under $5!
2. Fortune Cookie Soap "Shower Oil". This one has actually been a life changer in my family. My daughter suffers from extreme dry skin and this has completely changed all that. You spray it on after your shower and it absorbs into your skin and leaves your skin hydrated and you smelling great!
3. Colour Pop Ultra Mattes. This is going to be weird coming from a beauty blogger, but here it goes...I hate lipsticks. I almost always wear tinted balms...but this product has finally gave me a lip stick I can wear. It dries completely matte and is "kiss proof." (And only $6!)
4. Colour Pop shadows. I don't think any amount of money could buy more beautiful, pigmented eye shadow but the fact that these sell for $5 definitely doesn't hurt! I don't wear anything else.
5. Wet hair brush. Another life changer in my house. My daughter has extraordinarily thick hair but is extremely tender headed. A little pricey at $10, but if you or someone in your house is tender headed, I can't recommend this enough.
6. Hard Candy "Glamoflauge" concealer. My holy grail face product! I'm in the pale girl club and never could find anything light enough. My previous foundation was $34 and this is under $10 and I like it as much if not more.
7. Cover Girl "The Super Sizer" mascara. Here's another drug store product that blew me away and saved me a lot of money from the high end I was using. Previously I was using Tarte's lights camera lashes. My Mom gave me the Cover Girl mascara she had got in a sub box, and I LOVE it. I believe it retails for $7.
8. Model Co highlighter trio. I got this one in my Ipsy and it's become a product I use every day. It gives you that POP and it's very user friendly and convenient.
9. Wet N Wild Coverall powder. To be honest, it's not the best powder I've ever used but it comes in a shade light enough for me (shade "Fair") and it's under $4! It's a great product for the price and a saviour for us pale girls.
10. E.L.F Makeup mist & set spray. Another cheapie but goodie! $3 and leaves your skin feeling smooth and fresh, and your make up on. Highly recommend it.
Feel free to share your favorites in the comments below and don't forget to follow for the great beauty posts of 2016! Happy New Years, cupcakes. Thanks for making this year a great one.