If you keep up with trends, you've probably noticed purple is going to be a very popular lip color this fall. Every popular makeup brand is pumping out the color-from Nyx, Covergirl, Revlon, Colour Pop, MAC, to Kat Von D. You will have no issue finding purple this year. The problem is, purple can be such an intimidating lip color to wear. How do you wear it without looking like a clown or a member of the Addams family? Sammi Cupcake has your back. Here at my top 5 tips for wearing purple lipstick this fall.
- Tip #1: This is definitely not a BB cream/tinted moisturizer kind of day. When wearing a purple lip, you want a full coverage foundation that is preferably matte.
- Tip #2: Skip highlighting, contouring, and heavy blush. You want everything but your lips to be minimal.
- Tip #3: Keep your eye makeup neutral. This is a pretty standard makeup rule. Eyes and lips- if you are going bold on one, go natural on the other.
- Tip #4: Explore your options with shades of purple. There is no one shade fits all. With purple being a trend this fall, there will be lavender to deep purple and everything in between...find the one that works best for you!
- Tip #5: Make sure to really clean up around your lips and keep your lines smooth, as your lips will be the focal point of your face.
Thanks for reading, and feel free to comment below your favorite purple lippie, or any other tips you guys have for wearing purple. If you haven't already, make sure to hit the "follow" button on the upper right hand side of the page.
**Additional Information** The lippie I am wearing in the photo is Colour Pop's ultra matte in "Be Dazzled" available online only for $6.