Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Shampoo Bars

What's a shampoo bar?




As the name suggests, it is literally a bar of shampoo. A small, square of concentrated shampoo that doesn't contain any water. These bars are incredibly convenient because you can take them anywhere...the gym, on a plane, wherever you may need an on-the-go hair washing, and there is no big plastic bottle which is bad on the environment and your wallet!

These little bars, normally only a few inches long and wide, contain the equivalent of roughly two bottles of shampoo. Intrigued? You should be. My hair type is complex, damaged and I straighten it almost every day, but these shampoo bars have left my hair feeling soft and healthy. Keep reading for a step by step on how to use a shampoo bar, how to store a shampoo bar,  and where you can find them!

Step one: Wet your hair
Step two: Rub the bar between your hands to create a lather
Step three: Massage the bar into your hair and scalp.
Step four: Rinse

How to store your shampoo bar
While most companies that make shampoo bars sell a metal tin for them for travel, the best way to extend the life of your shampoo bar is to simply let it air dry.

Now you're thinking, that's it! I'm sold! Where do I get mine? Below I will link the brand I use, because it's the one I prefer and I know works! Also, Fortune Cookie Soap has combo bars with shampoo AND conditioner in a wide variety of scents.

Fortune Cookie Soap shampoo bars

Click here for $5 off your first FCS purchase



No comments:

Post a Comment