Hey cupcakes! I've been meaning to do this Goth Mom tag for a while now. While I don't label myself, if I did, goth certainly fits. Let's begin-I'll include photos of my kids and myself through out.
1. Do you force your kids to wear black? No, in fact very few things my kids own are black. Both of my girls LOVE pink and they wear a lot of color.
2. Do you force your children to listen to metal, or rock and roll? No. We listen to metal and rock stations on the radio in the car, but otherwise they listen to what they want. My oldest daughter loves KISS, and they both like a lot of the Disney songs.
3. What is your favorite alternative clothing brand for your kids? I don't buy them alternative clothing because that isn't their personality. My oldest daughter loves unicorns, mermaids, glitter, and pink. My youngest would wear Minnie Mouse every day if I let her.
4. Do you want to have any more baby bats? No. My two princesses keep me pretty busy. My tubes are also tied due to a medical condition.
5. Have you or have your children ever experienced any negativity due to the way you dress? Not really. People stare and give looks, but no one has ever said anything to me or my kids. Most of their friends tell me how much they like my tattoos though.
6. Do you hope that your kids will follow in your stylistic footsteps when they come of age? I think my kids would be beautiful in the goth attire, but I don't necessarily hope they follow my footsteps. My hope is that they find out who they are, and be themselves 100%.
(These are my girls with a gothy looking IG filter. I think they look pretty cute!)
7. To quote Eric Draven from The Crow, "Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children." Do you think it's important to be a positive, strong role model for your children? Yes, of course. I was raised by a strong woman, who was raised by a strong woman, and the lineage of strong women continues as far back as I know.
8. What do your children think about the way that you dress? It's their normal, so they really don't talk about it. Occasionally they'll say "Momma only wears black" or "Black is Mommas favorite color!" but that's about it.
9. Have your children ever felt, or do you ever feel like you embarrass your kids? I don't think so. As I mentioned above, their friends usually comment on how much they love my tattoos. I think kids are a lot more open minded than adults a lot of the time.
10. As a Goth mother in the sub-culture community, can you offer any advice to other mothers out there? Don't let motherhood change who you are. I would do absolutely anything for my kids, without a second thought. Briefly after I had both of my children, I felt the need to "dress normal" to be more motherly. I wasn't happy and I didn't feel like myself. I think it's better for us AND our children to keep who we are, and show them to be proud of who you are.
Thanks for reading! Be sure to subscribe if you haven't already. -Sammi Cupcake
Hey friends! So about a month ago, I decided to cut my hair. In my experience, this is rarely a good idea. This idea turned out to be especially bad when my hair was cut 2-3 inches shorter than I wanted. I've been wanting to try VP Fashion extensions for quite some time now because a lot of my favorite Youtubers use them (especially ShanShortcake Beauty, and she's my favorite!) So this felt like a perfect time to try them out.
I bought the "Silver Series Colorful Clip In C057" in the length and weight of 14"/170G, which is described as their "thick" weight. I opted for a customized ombre proportion with a longer black panel, as my natural hair is black. Their customer service was very helpful, and my product was shipped and received within a week and a half of ordering.
To begin, let's take a look at my natural hair. It's a bob, and the section you're seeing is the longest part of my hair, which is approximately 10-11 inches. The back is very short, about 3-4 inches.
The extensions arrived straight (as requested and described), well packaged in a quality VP fashion box. Here is my first experience trying them on:
My first impression was that they are very soft and thick. They were easy to apply and blended well into my hair. I quickly learned that I prefer them curly, as they blend better into my natural hair. Lazy girl hack-if you curl them it will last at least three days!
I am NOT sponsored by VP Fashion (though I would like to be, hit me up VP Fashion!) and I paid full price with my own money for these, but I am totally in love. I am already planning on what set I want to buy next. I would recommend these to anyone from girls in situations like me who got a bad hair cut, to girls who just want to try out fun colored hair. Here's an insta-picture of me in them today:
I've got a lot of compliments on them, and I will absolutely be a repeat customer. Visit www.VPFashion.com to get yours!
Hey cupcakes! The June BoxyCharm theme is "Downtown Charm," and it is my favorite BoxyCharm box yet! I also got every single shade/product variation I wanted. Let's take a look:
RealHer eyeshadow pallete (II)$28. I heard a lot about how the color payoff wasn't good but they were pretty opaque when I swatched them, perhaps a couple colors were chalky, but very useable. I also got the shades I wanted!
Biobelle Cosmetics sheet masks (3 of them) $14.97. I haven't tried these, but I'm excited to use them.
Diamond Glow Powder $26.99. Appropriately named, this highlight looks like tiny diamonds on your skin.
Ofra Cosmetics liquid lipstick "Tuscany" $19.90. It applies smooth and dries down pretty quickly. I'm excited to use it.
Luxie Beauty Rose Gold tapered face brush $24. My brush came bent and I'm not really sure what'd I'd use this for, but you can never have too many brushes right?
All items are full size and the box total is $113.86 and included at least three products I'll use. CLICK HERE to experience next month's Boxy Charm with me!
Hey cupcakes! I was sent these brushes by a seller on Amazon for my honest review, so here it is! I've been wanting to try these style of brushes for some time now, and after I received the Crown brush in my Boxy Charm, I couldn't wait to get my hands on some more. Here is what this set comes with:
You get five toothbrush style makeup brushes, a beauty sponge, and cleaning egg. The current list price for this set is about $12 which is a STEAL! I found these brushes to be every bit as good as the Crown Brush -and you'd pay more for that one brush than this whole set!
It is a must for everyone from makeup beginner to pro. I use my set every day. CLICK HERE to get your set.
Hey cupcakes and fellow Fortune Freaks! I just thought I'd share my Fortune Cookie Soap "Treat Yo Self 2k17" haul and my thoughts. Here's what I got, except for a "The Pit personal space" that was accidentally left out of my box. Fortune Cookie Soap has amazing customer service though, so I have no doubt it'll be taken care of!
Snake Juice OCD- To me, it's a little odd of a scent. For all you old school Fortune Freaks, it's got that plasticy smell of "What? It's 5 o'clock Somewhere" but with coffee instead of strawberry. It's not the scent for me.
You Beautiful Tropical Fish FCS-First off, the mermaid shimmer dusting is BEAUTIFUL. The scent is a little more "melon" than I'd like, but it's a good summer scent, and so cute.
Swan Ronson Hair Oil- I think white tea and raspberry is the notes that stand out to me the most. I like it!
Stop. Pooping. toilet spray- SUCH a funny moment in the show to use as the name. This scent is probably my favorite of the ones I got (though I have high hopes for The Pit.) I LOVE apple scents.
So yeah, that's it for me cupcakes. If you ordered this collection, tell me what your favorites are! Don't forget to comment and subscribe as it helps me out so so much.
Hey cupcakes! I just wanted to share my Ulta haul with you guys, and my thoughts on all the products. I got Stila magnificent metals glitter & glow in "Smoldering Satin", the Naked basics palette, a NYX full coverage concealer, and a NYX stay matte but not flat powder foundation, for a total of $68.
Stila magnificent metals glitter & glow in "Smoldering Satin." First of all, these are absolutely GORGEOUS. They apply easily, and I think they would be good for anyone beginner all the way up to pro. My only complaint is that the glitter in them tends to migrate on the eye throughout the day.
The Naked basics palette. I have wanted this palette for YEARS and it was such a disappointment. The first three colors are very similar, and all the shades are chalky and difficult to blend. I'd take ColourPop shadows over these any day of the week.
NYX full coverage concealer. The lightest shade offered isn't light enough for me, but I like the texture and coverage. I haven't been able to try it under my eyes yet, but for $5, even if it's just good to clean up my brows, I feel like it'll be worth what I paid.
NYX stay matte but not flat powder foundation. The shade seems okay for me, but I would definitely not call this a foundation. The only way I'd feel comfortable wearing it is over a foundation.
So those are my thoughts, lovelies. Do you own any of these products? If so, what do you think about them? Don't forget to subscribe, dears.